Be it summer or winter, the harsh ultraviolet rays of sun can cause damage to your skin. The exposed portion of the body such as face, hands and feet are the worst affected and most of us receive sun tan that is very unattractive and cause several other problems too such as pimples, acne, wrinkles, dark spots, pigmentation to name a few.
However, one need not worry about removing the sun tan as some basic homemade face pack as below can work wonders on the skin and restore your natural color.
1. Rose water, Lemon Juice and Cucumber combined together can be applied in the affected areas and left for 10 minutes everyday before washing with cold water.
2. A pinch of turmeric and Bengal gram flour combined with little milk, rose water and orange peel can be applied once in two days and left for 20 minutes before scrubbing and removing the pack gently.
3. Honey and papaya face pack is known for its whitening, skin renewal, restoration and exfoliation properties. The pack can also be used for removing sun tan. It is to be applied and left for 30 minutes before washing with cold water.
4. 1 tsp each of Yogurt, lemon juice and 2 table spoon of tomato pulp can go a long way in removing the tan as it acts as a natural bleach and also removes pigmentation and dark spots caused by regular exposure to sun.
5. Easily available ingredients such as lemon juice and potato juice if applied and kept for 30 minutes before washing off can help you overcome problems such as sun burn, skin ageing, blemishes and tan.
6. The healing property of sandalwood combined with fresh coconut water is also a good remedy when it comes to removing dead cells, impurities at the same time healing blisters, blemishes and tan.
Along with application of sunscreen with the right SPF the above homemade tips can also be used in treating tan and other skin problem that come with exposure to sun on a regular basis.